So a lot has been happening in the pop culture world and I thought I’d take a moment to just gab a little about them with you.
- So this Miley Cyrus thing, I know it’s a beaten topic but it is so annoying really. Twerking has been going on since time immemorial, I don’t understand how and why everyone is all making noise. What’s even more annoying? She doesn’t even (and isn’t even equipped) to do it right!
- The lead characters of the “50 Shades of Grey” movies have been cast. Charlie Hunnam, who I completely adore from “Sons of Anarchy” was cast as Christian Grey. I have to say that I didn’t see that coming. I think with him, I can see him pulling it off but I do think there were better actors that could have done a better job but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Dakota Johnson, most famous recently from now cancelled Ben & Kate (she is the daughter of Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson) was cast as Anastasia Steele. Now in this case, I can see her in this role. She plays naive annoying very well. I am just curious to see how this movie is going to be done.
- Season 7 of True Blood is going to be it’s final season. Somebody say woohoo! When it was renewed, I was very surprised. They need to put it out of its misery because Season 6 was a confused mess. Man, a lot of shows sure are going off air soon.
- The American Idols judges saga has been put to rest and the final 3 are Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. I think Harry is a good addition. He is very honest, although I am not sure how current he is. Jlo is just Jlo plus she is pretty to look at and Keith Urban is a good judge and is in between. I think it’s a shame Jimmy Iovine isn’t going to be a mentor anymore, not happy Randy Jackson is taking his place. They need to let him go. I dunno, I feel it would have been perfect if they had a feisty and honest female judge, dare I say even if it was Nicki I think it would balance it out. Ah well, I’ll still watch. It’s still the only music competition show I can stomach.
- Countdown to the end of Breaking Bad and Dexter…
- Get the new TGT and John Legend album in your life if you haven’t.
- You guys, if you are really looking for an easy, breezy fun watch then watch Camp. It’s such a lighthearted good show.