I never ever make Emmy predictions. I don’t get them and they don’t get me, so I just get furious but still watch. This year, I learned about the new voting process and saw how flawed the previous one was (it still is actually) so if I think I knew nothing before who know what we are going to get on Sunday. I already mentioned my thoughts on the nominations here but a girl can still dream, right? So that’s what I am going to share with you. Who I hope will win on Sunday.
- “Modern Family”
- “Parks and Recreation”
- “Silicon Valley”
- “The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”
Disclaimer that I don’t watch Parks and Recreation. Transparent wasn’t funny. Louie was so damn dry. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is….Veep deserves to win. Silicon Valley, a close second.
Actress in a Comedy Series
- Edie Falco, “Nurse Jackie”
- Lisa Kudrow, “The Comeback”
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, “Veep”
- Amy Poehler “Parks and Recreation”
- Amy Schumer, “Inside Amy Schumer”
- Lily Tomlin, “Grace and Frankie”
Who the hell still watches Nurse Jackie? Anyways, Julia Louis-Dreyfus deserves to win but I am secretly hoping for Lily Tomlin.
Actor in a Comedy Series
- Anthony Anderson, “Black-ish”
- Louis CK, “Louie”
- Don Cheadle, “House of Llies”
- Will Forte, “Last Man on Earth”
- Matt LeBlanc, “Episodes”
- William H. Macy, “Shameless”
- Jeffrey Tambor, “Transparent”
Are we giving awards for social consciousness or for who was actually funny? Because why all the fuss about Jeffrey Tambor? The three people in contention to me are Anderson, LeBlanc and H.Macy. Best actor hands down would be H.Macy but Shameless is a dramedy to me and not a comedy. I’d give it to Anthony Anderson but LeBlanc does really good work on Episodes.
Supporting Actor, Comedy Series
- Andre Braugher, “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”
- Adam Driver, “Girls”
- Keegan-Michael Key, “Key & Peele”
- Ty Burrell, “Modern Family”
- Tituss Burgess, “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”
- Tony Hale, “Veep”
This is the weakest category. I usually root for Tony Hale but I don’t think he did much this season. They seem to be going goo goo over Tituss Burgess (rolls eyes). Can’t beleive I am saying it but Ty Burrell deserves it. Oh yea, I don’t watch Key & Peele so I don’t know about it but even then, how do you nominate one but not the other?
Supporting Actress, Comedy Series
- Mayim Bialik, “The Big Bang Theory”
- Niecy Nash, “Getting On”
- Julie Bowen, “Modern Family”
- Allison Janney, “Mom”
- Kate McKinnon, “Saturday Night Live”
- Gaby Hoffmann, “Transparent”
- Jane Krakowski, “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”
- Anna Chlumsky, “Veep”
I only watched 4 of these shows. I’d give it to Anna Chlumsky
- “Better Call Saul”
- “Downton Abbey”
- “Game of Thrones”
- “House of Cards”
- “Mad Men”
- “Orange Is the New Black”
All signs point to Game of Thrones but you guys know how I feel. Mad Men will always have my heart. Gotta say, Homeland had a great season. Too bad OITNB got stuck as a drama.
Actress in a Drama Series
- Claire Danes, “Homeland”
- Viola Davis, “How to Get Away with Murder”
- Taraji P. Henson, “Empire”
- Tatiana Maslany, “Orphan Black”
- Elisabeth Moss, “Mad Men”
- Robin Wright, “House of Cards”
This is such a hard category. Everyone deserves to be here. On one hand this is the first recognition for Maslany. She’s done it for 3 seasons so I think it’s taken for granted what she does with these many categories but Cookie y’all. Taraji stole, snatched and bodied that character. Cookie FTW!
- Kyle Chandler, “Bloodline”
- Jon Hamm, “Mad Men”
- Bob Odenkirk, “Better Call Saul”
- Liev Schreiber, “Ray Donovan”
- Kevin Spacey, “House of Cards”
Jon Hamm. The end.
Supporting Actress, Drama Series
- Joanne Froggatt, “Downton Abbey”
- Lena Headey, “Game of Thrones”
- Emilia Clarke, “Game of Thrones”
- Christine Baranski, “The Good Wife”
- Christina Hendricks, “Mad Men”
- Uzo Aduba, “Orange Is the New Black”
If this was the season before last, this would have been a no brainer for me and been Christine Baranski. This year, I am torn between her and Christina Hendricks (even though I feel she never got enough screen time). It’s looking like a Lena Headey night though all cuz of “shame! shame! shame!. Hiss.
Supporting Actor, Drama Series
- Jonathan Banks, “Better Call Saul”
- Ben Mendelsohn, “Bloodline”
- Jim Carter, “Downton Abbey”
- Peter Dinklage, “Game of Thrones”
- Alan Cumming, “The Good Wife”
- Michael Kelly, “House of Cards”
Let me tell you that Ben Mendelsohn did some great work on Bloodline. Like really great work. But I can’t ignoore Jonathan Banks’s eerie, quiet but dangerous character on the otherwise average Better Call Saul.
Well there goes my wishes. I’d love to hear yours!